The MYSouthwest System is for use by students of Southwest to:
access college email account, Blackboard (course assignments and materials) and your Student Accounts (registration & personal information)
manage your curriculum progress using the Degree section of Self Service
manage your term class schedules using the Enrollment section of Self Service
monitor your Financial Records and pay tuition using the Campus Finances section of Self Service
view Academic records such as term grades and unofficial transcripts using the Academic Records section
1. Student records in MYSouthwest are confidential but it is up to
each student to properly maintain and protect their access information using
2. Your Username and Password are case-sensitive.
3. When you apply using our Web Application a default password is assigned when your account is created and this default password is given to you. Upon your first login YOU MUST CHANGE this default password to a secure password that you choose. Use the "Username Lookup" option to access the password wizard and create your own secure password. You will be required to change your password every 6 months (180 days).
4. Passwords MUST:
- contain a mix of letters and numbers
- be at least 7 but not more than 10 alphanumeric characters long,
- contain at least one upper and one lower case character
- cannot contain spaces and special characters
- cannot be the same as your username
5. Don't share your Username or EmplID and Password with ANYONE.
6. Use the system bar to navigate, not the browser menu bar.
7. Don't forget to Logout and CLOSE YOUR BROWSER because someone using the same computer after you may be able to access your account.
8. System inactivity timeout is approximately 20 minutes.
9. If you receive an error message during add/drop activity, please note the numeric error number provided for you. Contact Admissions & Records (Telephone: 276.964.7238 Or 276.880.3230 Or Toll Free 800.822.7822 Or email firstname.lastname@example.org ) and provide the number to resolve the error in your transaction. Some students/classes may require enrollment permission or pre-requisite.
10. Your enrollment is not complete until all registration fees are paid. See Pay Tuition for your payment options.