Students applying to MECC, VHCC or SWCC should complete the following:
1. Application cover letter – read this important
2. Apply to College at https://apply.vccs.edu
- Apply to either MECC – Big Stone Gap, VHCC – Abingdon, or SWCC – Richlands. Students who will attend class at either Wytheville or Galax must apply to SWCC- Richlands. If you have trouble, call the college's admissions office at the number below.
3. Apply to the program.
- Download and complete the application form. Attach to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 276-964-7531.
4. Apply for EMS tuition assistance:
- Download and complete this Tuition Assistance form. Attach to an email to email@example.com or fax to 276-964-7531. Note: the applicant MUST apply for college financial aid before they can be eligible for this assistance.
5. Financial Aid applications are in some ways specific to each college. Apply to one of the following:
Southwest Virginia Community College
For assistance call: 276-964-2555
Other important downloads: