If your business or industry is new or expanding, look to SWCC for guidance, counseling, and support services. SWCC works cooperatively with the Virginia Department of Economic Development Workforce Services Program to train and retrain Virginians for specific employment opportunities.
• Specialized/customized skill training or retraining for Virginia's workforce
• Integrates meaningful work experience into education and training via internships
• Interfaces with local and state agencies enhancing economic development and job creation
• Partners with area and state agencies enhancing economic development and job creation
• Develops lifelong learners who will be competitive in a rapidly changing technological society
• Maximizes the return of the training investment